top of page

BIDEN ACKNOWLEDGES DEMOCRATS DID NOT WIN A NATIONAL MANDATE FOR THEIR PLATFORM

Presumptive president elect Joseph Biden took the stage yesterday to speak about his apparent victory. The overarching theme of his speech was on unity and bringing the country back together.


In his speech, Biden alluded to the fact that only mandate given by the voters was for Trump supporters and Trump haters to start working together and stop bashing each other. He directed the nation's attention that for the last 4 years Democrats and Republicans had refused to work together, choosing instead to demonize each other and that it started long before Trump. A campaign official said the problem started long before Trump and that Trump was not responsible for it but then criticized the sitting president by saying that Trump should done something about it. The official who spoke on condition on anonymity said there were no plans for orders to put Trump on trial or in jail for things he did while acting as President of the United States.


In his speech, Biden said, "I’m a proud Democrat. But I will govern as an American president.

I'll work as hard for those who didn't vote for me as those who did. Let this grim era of demonization in America begin to end here and now. The refusal of Democrats and Republicans to cooperate with one another, it’s not some mysterious force beyond our control.

It's a decision. A choice we make. And if we can decide not to cooperate, then we can decide to cooperate. And I believe that this is part of the mandate given to us from the American people.

They want us to cooperate in their interest, and that's the choice I'll make. And I'll call on Congress, Democrats and Republicans alike, to make that choice with me. "


However the President did make a flub when he stated that 230 million Americans have died from COVID 19.


Biden won only 25 states while Trump won the other 25.


In terms of the popular vote, nearly 145 million (144,963,304) voted many for the first time. Of that Biden won only 51% of the popular vote with Trump winning the remaining 49% which puts him in a very strong position even as the loser of the 2020 presidential election and a significant chunk of Biden's speech recognized that reality. This means that not only did Biden and the Democrats not get the state by state or electoral college mandates but they didn't get the popular vote mandate they were seeking either as that would have required winning at least two thirds of all votes cast. Biden ended up barely with the bare minimum needed to become president assuming that the every state legislature honors the advice their voters are giving them and all the court rulings go in Biden's favor.


The following map shows just how narrow Biden's presumptive victory actually was:




37 views0 comments

Commentaires

Noté 0 étoile sur 5.
Pas encore de note

Ajouter une note
Post: Blog2_Post
bottom of page